**indicates speaker action items
- Distribution of Online Speaker Agreements & Follow Up Forms
- Online Speaker Agreements, Follow Up Forms & Headshots Due via Speaker Portal HERE**
- Registration & Housing Opens via Annual Session 2023 Website**
- Distribution of #AAOChicago Social Media Toolkits via Email
- Special Requests Due via Email**
- Printed Onsite Program Materials Finalized
- Distribution of Annual Session 2023 Branding Assets for Presentations
- E-handouts Due via Email**
- Distribution of Personalized Onsite Speaker Resource Guides via Email
EVENT, APRIL 21-24
- Pick-up Name Badge in Registration Area**
24 to 2 Hours in Advance of Session Start Time (in Speaker Ready Room)
- Upload Presentation Slides**
- Pick-up Speaker Check, if applicable**
- Pick-up Speaker Badge Ribbon**
15-Min in Advance of Session Start Time
- Arrive at Assigned Session Room**
- Expense Reports Due via Email/Fax, when applicable**
- Expense Reimbursements Processed, if applicable
- Distribution of Speaker Certificates and Session Evaluations
A Conflict of Interest Declaration slide is required (see instructions on the Conflict of Interest Declaration form). Additional slides may be provided and/or instructed as the meeting approaches.
No, you may use your own template, however, your template cannot be branded with a product and/or service.
In limited instances, our Committee on Conferences & Meetings reserves the right to review presentations in advance to ensure adherence to Speaker Agreements and/or Conflict of Interest Declarations.
No less than two hours in advance of your scheduled session start time in the Speaker Ready Room at McCormick Place West.
Yes, however, please be mindful and courteous to other speakers and limit these to minor revisions.
Definitely and we highly encourage it! A practice mode will be integrated into presentation upload kiosks. These kiosks will be available in the Speaker Ready Room at McCormick Place West on a first-come, first-served basis.
Unless otherwise indicated in your speaker agreement, checks for US speakers will be available for pickup onsite in the Speaker Ready Room at McCormick Place West. Canadian and International speakers must submit an AAO expense report accompanied by itemized receipts no later than May 31, 2023.
In the event that your assigned session room exceeds the maximum seating capacity, a Central Overflow space in Hall F1 of the Exhibit Hall will be available and additional physical attendees may watch your presentation from that room.
Possibly. The video camera is used for live picture-in-picture audio + video feeds to the Central Overflow Room or a livestream feed from select session rooms to the virtual audience. Helpful Hint: See a video camera? Stick to the stage!
It is a 42” LCD monitor positioned on the floor in front of the podium which will display the current slide of your presentation reflected on the projection screen. Presentation notes are not displayed on this monitor; notes can be viewed from the presentation laptop positioned on the podium.
Concurrent sessions are attended in an a la carte fashion; they are not ticketed sessions. Please refer to the Program Grid for the estimated seating capacity in your assigned session room.
Yes, however, they may not attend other CE sessions and will not be eligible for CE.